To celebrate International SEL Day on March 27th, Dallas ISD’s SEL Department is hosting a student contest to collect examples of what social and emotional learning means to you!
Participants: Any K-12 Dallas ISD student
Guiding questions: Students can submit a response to one or more of the following questions:
- How do you, your family / friends, or school campus embody one of the five social and emotional learning competencies?
- Responsible Decision-Making
- Social Awareness
- Relationship Skills
- How do you show a growth mindset at home, school, or elsewhere?
- What does empathy look and feel like to you?
- How do you take care of yourself and others?
- What makes you feel connected at school?
- How has understanding someone else’s perspective helped you grow?
Note that submissions do not need to address all of the questions listed above but we encourage participants to choose at least one question to focus on and creatively express their response!
Potential avenues for expression:
- Written essay, poem, story
- Drawing, painting, other visual artwork
- Video / audio file (under 1 minute)
- Performance, skit, music, interview, etc.
- Photograph / collage
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, March 24th