Written by Jacob Kramer and illustrated by K-Fai Steele
Pre Reading Questions
Post Reading Questions
Overview: In the book Noodlephant, Noodlephant and her friends create the Phantastic Noodler that turns any item into slippery, slurpy, and scrumptious noodles! In this activity, you will create your own Phantastic machine and you decide what it will create!
● Machine templates printed on cardstock. Download templates.
● Color pencils
● Small bowls to hold materials
Note: This craft calls for uncooked pasta. If pasta is not available for this craft, alternative items may be used.
Example alternative materials instead of pasta:
Duration: 30-40 minutes (for staff: 5-10 minute pre-activity set up and 5-minute prep)
● 5-10 minutes – Introduce the activity. Students choose a template and brainstorm what their machine will make.
● 15 minutes – Students work on their machines.
● 5-10 minutes – Clean up activity.
● 5 minutes – Reflect and share