Written by Doug Kuntz and Amy Shrodes and illustrated by Sue Cornelison
Pre Reading Questions
Post Reading Questions
In the book Lost and Found Cat: The True Story of Kunkush’s Incredible Journey, we read about a family’s long journey to a new country and the incredible story of the people who worked together to find a beloved cat, Kunkush. In this activity, you will work in small groups to create your own Lost Cat Poster.
● Lost Cat template printed on cardstock. Download template.
● Cotton ball
● Elmer’s glue (Note: glue sticks do not work as well on cotton balls)
● Markers, crayons, color pencils
Duration: 40 minutes (for staff: 5-minute pre-activity setup, 5-minute prep)
● 5 minutes: Introduce the activity using the book and examples.
● 5 minutes: Put students in small groups (no more than 3)
● 20 minutes: Create Lost Cat Posters in small groups
● 5 minutes: Clean up
● 5 minutes: Reflect