Written by Sheetal Sheth and Illustrated by Jessica Blank
Pre Reading Questions
Post Reading Questions
Overview: In the book Always Anjali, Anjali learned to celebrate the beauty of her name by creating her own nameplate for her bike. In this activity, students will create their own multi color nameplate. This will help us get to know each other better!
● Photocopies of the template. Download templates.
● Black Sharpies
● Black felt tip pens
● Color pencils
Duration: 45 minutes
● 2 minutes – Introduce the activity
● 3 minutes – Students choose their templates
● 5 minutes – Students write their names in pencil on the template and then trace it
● 25 minutes – Students color in their name plates
● 5 minutes – Clean up
● 5 minutes – Reflect