Written and Illustrated by Juana Martinez-Neal
Pre Reading Questions
Post Reading Questions
Overview: In Alma and How She Got Her Name, Alma learns about her family and what makes her special. In this activity, students will create puzzle pieces about themselves and what makes them unique while seeing that they are one piece of a very big puzzle. Without the unique gifts, talents and personalities of each student, our puzzle would not be complete!
● I am… Puzzle Piece on Cardstock (1 per students). Download template.
● Markers, crayons, colored pencils
Duration: 35 minutes
● 5 minutes: Explain activity and pass out materials
● 15 minutes: Create Puzzle Pieces
● 5 minutes: Clean Up
● 10 minutes: Share and Reflect