Written by William Joyce and illustrated by William Joyce and Joe Bluhm
Pre Reading Questions
Post Reading Questions
Overview: In the book The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore, we read about the way we can use books to communicate and tell our own stories. Today, you will create your own fantastic flying book about your life.
● Construction paper
● Standard printer paper paper
● Book wing template printed on card stock. Download template.
● Patterned washi tape or colored masking tape
● Yarn, string, or ribbon (approximately 2 feet of yarn per student)
● Markers for decorating
● Hole puncher
● Glue dots, tape, or glue sticks
Duration: 45 minutes (for staff: 5-minute pre-activity setup, 15-minute prep)
● 5 minutes: Introduce the activity using the book and examples.
● 10 minutes: Assemble the book
● 10 minutes: Write or draw in the book pages
● 10 minutes: Decorate and add the book wings
● 5 minutes: Clean up
● 5 minutes: Reflect