Written and Illustrated by Marcus Pfister
TEKS: Reading K.5(E); 1.6(E); 2.6(E); 3.6(E); 4.6(E); 5.6(E)
Pre Reading Questions
Post Reading Questions
Overview: In the book Rainbow Fish, Rainbow Fish learned that sharing was an important way to care for others and be a good friend. Another way we can care for others is by encouraging them and giving them friendly wishes when things are difficult. Just like food nourishes our bodies, friendly wishes nourish our hearts. Today we are going to create our own rainbow fish and feed and nourish each other through kind words.
● Rainbow Fish template printed on cardstock. Download Rainbow Fish template.
● Aluminum foil cut into ~4” x 2” strips for each student
● Tissue paper – various colors
● Sharpie/black marker
● Glue sticks
Duration: 45-50 minutes (for staff: 5-minute pre-activity setup)
● 5 minutes: Introduce the activity.
● 20 minutes: Create Friendly Fish
● 10-15 minutes: Pass out “scales” and friendly wishes
● 5 minutes: Clean up
● 5 minutes: Reflect and share