Written by Mark Gonzales and illustrated by Mehrdokht Amini
Pre Reading Questions
Post Reading Questions
Overview: In the book “Yo Soy Muslim: A Father’s Letter to his Daughter,” a father writes to his daughter about loving herself and appreciating what makes her unique even if others may not see it. In this activity, you will write and decorate a postcard to yourself. This postcard will then be collected by your teachers and given back to you at the end of the semester or the year to remind yourself of the beauty of our differences and the connection of our similarities.
● Postcard template printed on card stock (pre-cut for younger students). Download template.
● Color pencils/markers/crayons
Duration: 30 minutes (for staff: 5-minute pre-activity setup, 5-minute prep)
● 5 minutes: Introduce the activity
● 20 minutes: Work on the postcards
● 5 minutes: Clean up
● 5 minutes: Reflect and share